Bacon covered meat loaf.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Usually,I am opposed to preheating, but….
what you’ll need
2# natural lean ground beef
1# mild Italian sausage
1 packet onion soup mix
2 eggs already beaten
Bacon (enough to run the length of the loaf)
A pinch of garlic (varies upon taste)
what to do
1. Mix the above (not the bacon, I mean come on) in a large bowl.
2. Shape meat into loaf and put into pan.
3. Cover loaf with strips of bacon
4. Place into oven.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 1.5 hours ( the original recipe said an hour, but I like my meat done) or until meat is done.
6. Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes.
The veggie dish. One of those steamable bags a whole green bean and potato mixture in a light cream sauce.
I used this really neat meatloaf pan I saw at Walmart. It really worked!
Well, I’m stuffed…..
a pui tardi
Free-range: An animal that roamed freely or didn’t grow up in a confined space. There is no standard definition for the term, especially when it comes to beef and eggs. The US Dept. of Agriculture does not require that “free-range” poultry have access to the outdoors – but for an undetermined period of the day.